Im worthy of love and belonging

 The one thing that keeps me optimistic; helps me to move forward through my days, is that validation that no matter how flawed I am, I am still loved. 

Though he has seen my worse-self, I am still loved. 

Through heated arguments that I selfishly push to win, I am still loved. 

With layers of bagels around my belly, ironically I am still loved. 

He loves me and accepts me for who I am, and that pushes me to do better in life.

I understand now why I seek his hugs at the end of the day. After a whole day of struggles and referee-ing between little humans, at most times defeated by my own inner demons, his hug serves as a validation that its safe; I am still worthy of love. I belong there in his arms.

I've been practising kissing and hugging the kids before they sleep, and saying I-love-yous as a way of ensuring they still know I love them, especially if I dont look like I do during the day, but I now understand the feeling and affirmation behind those smiles after those hugs.

 Its the feeling that they are safe - they are worthy of love, and so they wake up optimistic to venture the next day.

Whatever lessons we learn, whether being kids or adults, ultimately knowing that we are worthy of being loved, is the one that helps us open our arms to the other lessons learnt through this life journey. 

So thank you Sayang for this lesson.❤

Comments

Popular Posts