The Big P

Today I learnt to be patient, after nagging to Afrah on being patient. 

It was the typical I-raise-you-up-daily-feed-you-daily-without-complaints speech. 

I started the day ambitious, packing my bags to fetch the kids from school, and to spend the rest of the day at the beach with them.

Afrah being Afrah, she couldnt stand the heat on the way to the beachside. "Ummiii its so panasss. I sweating. Lets go homeeee. Ummi noooo."

I walked on with the rest, making her catch up with us. I walked on and on, ignoring her whinning.

"I WANT MY FANNN!! I WANT MY TV!!"

URGH Priviledged kids, I thought.

We almost reached a shelter when she started wailing and throwing her bag on the floor.

Thats when it started. The Big Momma's Speech. Bla bla bla I was nagging about everyone also panas not just her, that she must learn to be patient yada yada yada.

We mothers know it, when that speech comes out, its most often cause we ourselves are feeling impatient, expecting a 6 year old to already understand the meaning of hardships like enduring the heat, when on normal days she would be sheltered with aircons and TV. 

I always hate myself when I do that. I felt, as if I'm better than her. Like, "dont you know hardships like I do?? Why are you not where I am right now, so well-adjusted to endure the heat like those other adults (like me)?" 

Its a daily reminder, to always wake up with that wisdom, that everyone have their own learning process, and that their understanding may have yet to be matured like ours. And that also means, there are those who have a far deeper understanding about life than us.

Treating people, and especially my loved ones, with grace and compassion eequires that wisdom. 

And how can we build that wisdom and understanding?

How how how.

Howwwwww

Comments

Popular Posts